Monday, March 09, 2009

Project 365 09 ~ Week 8

My accountability group rocks! You might recognize the Movie Moxie in the middle. It's been amazing to see all that has happened for each of us since we started meeting over a year ago now.

In the past 2 places I lived one of the sure signs of spring was that particular tree which for one solid week seemed to be inhabited by millions of chattering birds. This tree fit the bill precisely. Those dark shapes are just a few of the birds attending the spring convention here.

Another amazing group I have the blessing to be a part of. This workshop leader's group is transforming into something even more powerful. I'm sure I'll share more adventures as we go. The woman intensely creating a paper star on the right is the wonderful Danette.

My 6-month dental cleaning. With the great care and support of the team at my dentist, I am slowly improving in terms of my dental anxiety. I can now sometimes smile, chat and even (imagine this) crack a joke!

Sometimes I feel like I've been busy forever! When I'm busy one of the first things to go is cooking and eating nutrition-rich food. My body misses the nutrients and I miss the time with Justin, since we really enjoy cooking our meals together. We're back to making a concerted effort and managed to make many meals this week. This one is Mexican skillet rice.

We're taking the plunge and renovating our kitchen. This is one of the inspiration photos that we've chosen and that I'm wild about. This week both of my sisters and my mom were a big help as we had to break a close tie between 2 different cupboard doors. We went with ones that look very much like the ones in this picture. Yay!
On Friday I was so very excited to have the opportunity to go see Who Does She Think She Is with Shannon. Last September I shared the preview and how deeply it moved me. The movie was followed with a panel discussion with Pamela Tanner Boll, the director; Janis Wunderlich, one of the artists in the film; Jani Lauzon, multi-disciplinary Metis performing artist; and Erica Ehm.

My reaction to the film was quite different than I expected. I think I'll write about that in a separate post, as I start to sort out my thoughts and feelings. Regardless, it was great to have the opportunity to see something that stirred such a reaction in the blogosphere.

Project 365 is my attempt to capture a year in my life through a photograph a day. On Saturday's I'll post the week's pics. At the end of the year, I'll create a video of all these precious moments. Feel free to participate at any time. Yours can be Project 347 or Project 292. It's up to you. See the results of my Project 365 ~ 2008 here.

2 comments:

Melanie Margaret said...

I am looking forward to your post on who does she think she is. I really want to see it. It was playing in Boston one weekend but I was not able to go.

Suzie Ridler said...

What a full week Jamie! Glad you're also getting that nutrition-rich food in and imagine what it'll be like when you're making your food in your new kitchen? Amazing! I also can't wait to hear about the movie too and love that you are surrounded by so many supportive and amazing women.