The hypothesis: Love Can Cure the February Blahs.
What if each of us loved up our selves, our homes, our bodies, our friends, our colleagues, our world each and every day in February? I have a feeling that the blahs simply wouldn't survive. What constitutes an act of love? A kiss, a cuddle, a hug, a loving word, of course. But even some unlikely actions can become loving when done with heart. Cooking and cleaning can go from tiresome chores to acts of love towards your self, your home and your loved ones. Experiment and expand your love range. Here are some things you might try:
- make that long-overdue phone call and connect
- compliment a colleague
- book a massage for your aching body
- write a letter
- get some sleep
- pick up a piece of litter
- smile at the cashier
- relish what you're eating
- share some photos
- get some fresh air
- wear your favourite sweater
- shovel your neighbour's walkway
- clear your clutter
- tell a friend what you love about them
- say I love you, even if they already know
Love: 1. Blahs: 0.
Commit an act of love every day in February and observe the results. I'll look forward to hearing your conclusions. Does love beat the blahs?
The beautiful heart in my hand was a gift from the lovely and talented Jennifer Lee. It's a part of the inspiring Heart is Hot campaign.