Monday, June 16, 2008

Where to?

I can be a bit obsessive. When my mind hooks into a particular question or problem, I will work it like there's no tomorrow. I'll read books, search the web, take classes, make lists, journal, collage, ask questions, talk about it with friends and family. I'll ask for help, for inspiration, for information and for insight. And generally, I'll make myself and everyone around me rather tired.

And so, right now, I'm opening up to a different approach. I'm sitting with the question and letting the Universe know I'd really like some guidance on the matter, and I'm waiting and watching. I'm turning the intensity dial down a notch, taking a deep breath and turning up my receivers.

The question on my mind has been "what's next?" specifically in terms of my business. I've got a million ideas and as many hopes and dreams and have felt powerfully lately that a stronger sense of focus would allow what I do to shine more brightly in the world and make a meaningful connection with people that I can really help.

Here are some of the messages I've collected over the past week (I knew they were messages because of the zing of energy that coursed through my body when I encountered them):
  • "Creativity is one of the easiest ways to hear the messages of our soul" Denise Linn
  • "Perhaps within each of us there is a daring spirit that whispers to be heard" Sue Bender
  • We all know how easy it is to be anesthetized to our surroundings and our own feelings and intuitions." Shaun McNiff.
  • The moment of possibility - "Maybe I could..."
  • Magic (from Sunny)
  • For 4 years, I didn't see a single robin in our neighbourhood. Now there's one that frequents our backyard.
I'm feeling more and more that the main focus of my work is helping people awaken and connect to their true spirit. So often we feel locked in, numbed out, squished down. We're too busy to hear our soul's whispers or maybe we've forgotten how. Funny, that I've had to slow down and ease up myself in order to realize how central this is to my own work. I'm confident that in this receptive place, my spirit and the Universe will continue to speak to me and guide me in my discovery of what's next.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Did you know that robins symbolize the spreading of new growth in a variety of areas of life? It seems that is exactly what is happening in your life right now Jamie! Thank you for sharing those important messages that you received with us. Oh, I definitely believe we all have daring spirits inside. It's one of the things I love most about myself and I get so inspired when I see it in other women!

Claudia said...

Yes, what´s next? That´s a good question. I´m sure you will receive a sign soon.

Anonymous said...

Great technique!

I love "daring spirit that whispers to be heard"...

Jessie said...

I know that whatever you do, it will be fabulous and you will change the world for the better.

I truly believe in your work, Jamie, and I have such great respect, love, and admiration for you.

Shine on, beautiful You. I have faith that your path will make itself clear to you, just by your mere presence.