Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Music Meme


I found this at Kat's blog and thought it was such a fun idea. I was a bit hesitant about participating because I realize I am really private about what I listen to. I often hate listening to my iPod when I might run into people for fear that they'll say, "What are you listening to?" Lol, another quirky thing about me! I hope you enjoy reading this and are inspired to participate too!

Music Meme

Instructions: Shuffle all the songs in your iPod, then use the resulting songs to answer the following questions, in the order in which they appeared. And like Kat, I've included a line of lyrics to give some context.

How does the world see you?
Promise (The Cult of Euridyce) - David Sylvian

"When all but hope is lost You believe at any cost In things that make the living lighter"

Will I have a happy life?
Precious Things – Tori Amos
“These precious things let them break their hold over me”

What do my friends really think of me?
The Moment I Said It – Imogen Heap
“You're gonna throw it all away with no hesitation”

Do people secretly lust after me?
Disko Fleshpot - My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
"In case you didn't happen to notice it, I'm one hell of a gorgeous chick."

How Can I Make Myself Happy?
Sweetest Decline – Beth Orton
“What's the use in regrets They're just thing we haven't done yet”

What Should I do With My Life?
Meu Destino (My Destiny) – Thievery Corporation
(Instrumental)

Will I ever have children?
Land of Canaan – Indigo Girls
“Your bound to realize honey it’s not that clear”

What is Some Good Advice for Me?
Longing - Tan Dun, Hero Soundtrack - violin by Izthak Perlman
(Instrumental)

How Will I be remembered?
Dance, Dance - Mad Love
"Dance, dance, take my hand"

What is my signature dancing song?
Drumming up a Storm – Bob Holyrod

What do I think my current theme song is?
Hold On - Sara McLachlan
“Hold on. Hold on to yourself. This is going to hurt like hell.”

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
A Poem for Byantium – Delerium
“Here and now, i feel that i'm embracing freedom”

What song will play at my funeral?
Jump – Madonna
“There's only so much you can learn in one place”

What type of men do you like?
An Architect’s Dream – Kate Bush
Watching the painter painting And all the time, the light is changing And he keeps painting That bit there, it was an accident But he’s so pleased It’s the best mistake, he could make

What is my day going to be like?
Capsized - Sarah Harmer
"Can I trade this thin skin in for a shell"

(Note: the picture is of a tabletop at a restaurant that Shannon and I used to go to near where she used to live. The restaurant was a bright spot in the neighbourhood. We always thought this table looked like a picture of us)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What an amazing idea, and what powerful and true songs for you.

Thank you very much for sharing Jamie.