Sunday, January 08, 2006

Figment 1


Here is my first Figment and my first art project of 2006. I wish you could see the way it sparkles. Right now it's winking in front of me and catching my eye. Cutting out of the paper reminded me so much of when I was a kid and my mom taught me how to do 3D decoupage. I still remember using tiny, really sharp scissors to methodically cut out the pieces that I thought would have the most impact when raised. So this project took me back as well as forward into the new year.

The other thing I really noticed was that as I sat and cut and glued and painted, a rather dark mood cloud finally passed along. I mean, who can be grumpy when working with glitter glue?

1 comment:

Suzie Ridler said...

This is flippin' awesome! Way to go, love the graphic, you are super talented.