Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Completion


I love synchronicity. Noticing patterns and signs was what got me interested in studying English when I was a girl. Now I take the greatest pleasure in noticing it in life. Looking for themes is one of the ways that I make sense of the world and one of the ways that I really enjoy exploring it. Creatively, I often use a theme as a starting point. For the postcard swap, we are celebrating the Year of the Dog. For inspiration, I looked up what themes we can look forward to during this upcoming period. From that, I came up with a list of 10 words to explore. This postcard represents 'Completion.'

And having, um, completed that card yesterday, here I am on the last day of the course portion for my coaching certification. And truthfully, how I feel is complete. I've learned a great deal, become more and more grounded in who I am and what I have to offer, and I'm really excited about spending this year sending my magic out there and inviting people to come and play with me. I'm deeply committed to helping people find their way in the world, a way in which they recognize and like themselves each and every day. I'm deeply committed to my own creative work, to giving it time and space to grow and develop. I'm deeply committed to making magic this year, and by that I mean making good things happen: creating a moment, a creative piece, a bond, some hope, where nothing existed before.

I love completion. It gives me a chance to celebrate all that I've accomplished. (Today I'll be doing that over a bottle of red wine and some brie with my husband and my sister.) And I love stopping to realize that I'm in a new place, with a fresh perspective, taking a deep breath and wondering what's next.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Jamie,
you have so much to look forward to and it´s wonderful to feel how enthusiastic you are. You have certainly bought some magic into my days and really gotten me thinking about how I can spread some myself - you see, it´s working!

Jamie said...

Thank you so much, Claudia! I'm so glad that we've connected. Let's keep sharing the magic!