Monday, January 12, 2009

Treasures: Belle Boutique

This is the lovely and talented Joanna Maree Sipos of Belle Boutique showing the gorgeous, sparkling, inspiring necklace that was created by her and that went home with me. I love it!

I first saw Joanna's work worn by my dear friend Jenn. I couldn't take my eyes off of it! I simply had to have one of these treasures, and happened to mention that to Justin, um, around the holiday season. Justin found his way to Joanna's and was amazed by the flexibility of her pieces. He choose something especially for me and made it clear that I could make adjustments to the piece, if I wanted to.

You know, I'm so glad that I wanted to make one small change because it gave me a chance to meet Joanna and have her personally explain the flexibility of her work. Do you see that Joanna, Jenn and I are all wearing this type of necklace in entirely different ways? Even cooler was how easy it was to have my necklace be really uniquely just for me. As Joanna and I were talking, one particular part of a necklace on display grabbed my attention. "Oh, I love that," I shared. "Let's use that then" was Joanna's response and before I knew it, what was once on display as a part of another necklace was a part of mine!

This is really the best of all worlds: an exquisite, one-of-a-kind piece of jewellery that includes a a beautiful feature, handpicked by me and perfect for my taste, a piece that is handcrafted by a generous, warm, creative woman in her local boutique. I treasure not only the necklace itself, but the entire experience, including meeting Joanna.

If you're in Toronto, I really recommend you check out Belle Boutique at 998 Bathurst Street. Joanna also offers jewellery making classes and teaches Reiki. What a treasure!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That's really cool! And how awesome that she just went with it and offered that piece as well. Fun!

Suzie Ridler said...

Fantastic! Wow, so much energy to those pieces. Perfect for you Jamie.

Judi said...

Awesome jewelry - talented people abound in your world.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece of art. Thank you for sharing!

Danette said...

What a small world, I used to do Nia with Joanna in Liz's class at Broadview and Danforth. I LOVE that necklace and all it's possibilities!

It looks fantastic on you. It has such a magical feel to it.

Melanie Margaret said...

Jamie that necklace is so cool!
I also checked out her website, I loved seeing all her creative designs.
I remember reading how you wanted to update you website this year. I didn't look to see who built her site, but it was very user friendly and quick.

Tori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tori said...

That's such a cool neckalce!