Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Introspection


Yesterday I went to my naturopath. I expected to leave with very rigorous guidelines about my diet, perhaps a bunch of supplements and a reminder to keep up with my journalling. As it turns out, yes, I need to stay away from wheat and sugar, but what we really talked about was how certain beliefs and old wounds are standing in the way of my vitality. And the one clear message I left was is it's time to let go. Hmm, I wasn't expecting that.

Since I left the office, I've been feeling very introspective. I've had some amazing synchronicities. Like I stopped by daisies' blog and she had this quote at the top of her post: “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” Jan Glidewell This is almost precisely what my naturopath had said to me about some issues I've been having in my chest and arms. Can you believe it?

And last night I had 7 distinct and memorable dreams. Something's shifting. That's for sure. And I'm ready for it to happen.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I think holding onto the past can make us sick which is why resolving it and/or moving on is essential. There is no vital energy in the past. What an interesting observation from a naturopath though?! Wounds are especially life draining. It was a new moon last night and I think there is an eclipse coming and it's all in Aquarius which makes this a very visionary time. I had at least five dreams last night too, I hope yours are helpful to help you heal Jamie.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

that is some quote...i really like it...so true...

daisies said...

wow ... goosebumps ... shifts are good i think, i too have been feeling the shifting and i too am ready for it to happen. and i've been dreaming like crazy at night, vivid memorable dreams ...

Marilyn said...

I'm a big believer in the power of of our emotions to affect our physical bodies. Sounds like you got just the message you needed.