Monday, October 22, 2007

Interviews with me!


As some of you know, I was a doctoral candidate in theatre at the University of Toronto and decided to leave academia in pursuit of work that would truly make me happy. It was quite a journey and recently I was able to share my tale with the wonderful, the magnificent Sabine Hikel. She has a series of podcasts called Leaving Academia and she interviewed my about my decision and what followed. It was a really great experience on so many levels. Sabine's questions led me to finding new insights into this time of my life. Sabine and I had such a great time that our friendship was inevitable. And now that the podcast is published I've already received feedback that it will be useful to students who are facing similar challenges. I sincerely hope that it does.

You can listen to the Leaving Academia interview here.

Also, the lovely Jana has asked me to be an interviewee for Create a Connection next week! We'll be discussing Expressive Arts Therapy, so be sure to check it out!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Rock on Jamie! I can't wait to hear those interviews!!!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love the interview with Sabine and highly recommend it for many reasons: content, inspiration and to hear the amazing Jamie Ridler's voice. I miss it!

Ahhh, I look forward to reading that intreview with Jana too!

Jana B said...

WOW!!!! You are getting interviews everywhere!!!! *impressed*

Fiona said...

Great interview and I totally get what you say about coaching being fuel - its thrilling!