Sunday, March 26, 2006

101 Things in 1001 days - update 2


Start date: March 5, 2006
End date: December 1, 2008

I can't cross anything off my 101 Things in 1001 Days list this week, but I want to notice starts, progress and commitment. And one thing I forgot to mention at the outset is that on the off chance that I don't complete all 101 tasks in 1001 days, I will donate $2 per task to the United Way for each undone task. I'm not doing this to serve as motivation. But I do know that unfinished business weighs you down, so I wanted to create a positive way to provide closure at the end. This way the end will be full of positivity no matter what happens!

These are all in process but not completed


1. Pay off my student loan

This week I made a student loan payment that was half again as large as I have to. I also came into a lump sum of cash that I've put aside for this. I'm making some transitions over the summer, and so I'm keeping this money in case I need a safety net. But if I don't, the whole deal is going towards paying down my loan. It's great motivation.

6. Fix the vent in the kitchen and 13. Finish 2 kitchen windows

We have an appointment with a contractor to cost out these and a few other jobs. Hopefully these will be done over the next couple of weeks.

17. Invite 6 people over for dinner, starting with Mom

I have invited my Mom over for Easter dinner.

18. Leave my day job

This is a few step process. I have asked to go to fewer days a week, and we are negotiating when that will begin.

23. Take 100 Nia classes

Since my last update I have taken 1 class. I'm now at 2/100.

24. Have my taxes up to date

We have an appointment with our tax consultant next Sunday.

25. Take my vitamins every day for a month

I started this on March 20 and will go to April 20.

37. Get new glasses

I have my prescription and I have done 2 shops for these but have yet to decide on frames.

59. Become a certified co-active coach

I will complete the written portion of my exam this Wednesday and am scheduled for the oral portion this Thursday. Then, I just wait to hear how I did.

101. Give myself 15 minutes of chair and stare time for a month

I began this on March 21 and will continue until April 21. This is really about giving myself 15 minutes of quiet time with my own thoughts every day. Fridays are a really challenging day for me to find the time to do this. I'm considering giving myself a Friday chair and stare at a coffee shop. Though I find it hard to actually take the time to do it, I do find it's a great decompressor.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

WoWzErS!!! Go Jamie that is excellent progress, look at all those wheels in motion, its like a bicycle for more than one person! Woohoo!!

Claudia said...

You are motivating me more and more to make my own list...where do I start!*?

Dan said...

There is awesome movement here, Jamie! Way to go! I'm really excited for you, particularly on your coach certification. All the best on the exams this week!

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, this is totally impressive Jamie. Even though you aren't ready to check things off your list, you have huge projects moving towards that aim. Way to go! I'm so glad you invited Mom over for Easter dinner by the way, she's just going to love that. What a wonderful and loving thing to do for her.

Hey, will you show us the glasses you choose? I can't wait to see them!

Laini Taylor said...

Yay! Great progress -- those are some big things, so it makes sense that you can't get them checked off lickety split. So many of them are things I need to do too that it's motivating me! We have some house projects we really need to get done, and I need new glasses, etc etc. Good for you!