- I was absolutely thrilled to be welcomed and encouraged
- The experience made me think bigger about what I'm capable of
- I started to imagine my work with a more international scope
- I envisioned myself travelling
- It reminded me that I would like to do work around non-violence
- It reminded me to keep art in my life on a regular basis
And in watching Stephen being celebrated as he comes up to his 70th birthday, I had a vision of how I would like to celebrate mine. He was in the studio of the school he and his wife founded, surrounded by people who have been touched by his work. There was a sharing of ideas and art and everyone created something together. I hope one day to celebrate my birthday surrounded by my tribe and sharing our talents and our loves. That's one vision for the future I'm holding onto.