Sunday, March 18, 2007

101 Things in 1001 Days ~ #78 Take a class with Justin & #34 Get my CPR certification


Justin & I are now both officially CPR certified. We spent the day yesterday at Heart 2 Heart in Cabbagetown, where Nick taught us the process of CPR and also how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator). It was a really amazing day. The class was highly interactive, rather entertaining (thanks, Nick) and really valuable. Leaving there we both felt really good that we'd taken the time to learn something that could make such a difference.
PS Justin's slight scowl here is because of the sunny day not because of his feelings about the class (well, maybe about the fact that it was 9:00 am on a Saturday and we hadn't had coffee yet, hehe).

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I'm the same way when it comes to bright sun, drives me crazy!

This is amazing Jamie, I had no idea you were going to do this. Takes me back to my Wonderland years although we didn't use a defibrillator! Holy cow.

This is something that truly could make a difference. I've been thinking about taking a red cross class for basic first aid, I may do it now!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! 2-in-1 as well, way to go! I'm sure it must feel great to know CPR!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Jamie! Love the pic! :)

Anonymous said...

i love this un-caffeined pic of your guy. and what a great thing to learn to do.