Thursday, June 01, 2006

101 Things in 1001 Days ~ update 4

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Wow, it has been a long time since I've done an update. Before I panic about that I reminded myself that I have until December 1, 2008! That's a year and half to get the rest done! A step at a time, Jamie, a step at a time.

1. Pay off my student loan (in progress)

I keep making progress on this one by aggressively making as strong a payment as I can each month. I wish I could have spoken to my younger self and said, "Don't do it! Take longer to finish and work more. Don't mortgage your future!" Alas, I didn't get that message. I keep staying focused on the good side - look at how rich I'll feel when I don't have to make these payments anymore!

2. Get my Nia Blue Belt (in progress)

I am excited to say that the founders of Nia are coming to Toronto to offer the Blue Belt training in November. I am terrified to say that I have reserved my spot! I love Nia. I can't say enough good about it. But this year I've been so focused on completing my coaching certification (#59) that I feel like I'm coming back to Nia a complete newb. When I received my prep materials this week I thought, "Oh, man, there's no way that I can do this." But I am sticking with it. I've got wonderfully encouraging people in my life and they think I can do it, so what the heck?

33. Go to 10 new restaurants (3/10 complete)

I realized that when I wrote this I had a particular idea of what a restaurant is. When I've "popped in for a bite" at a place, I am not necessarily going to include it. Here are the restaurant adventures I will include:

Simon's Wok: This is a great vegetarian Chinese restaurant that Justin, Shannon and I went to with Vern in order to celebrate his progress on his book! Thanks Vern for introducing us to this yummy spot.

Cafe Luxembourg: How cool is it that I can include a restaurant from Holland? Justin had fond memories of this restaurant, so we made sure to make it a stop when we were in Amsterdam.

La Brouette: This was the restaurant we went to in Brussels. We had a lovely lunch on the patio. When Justin and I ventured inside, we both looked at each other with that "We have GOT to come back here" look.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I know you can do the Nia Jamie! I'm so happy it's a part of your life, you really glow when you release the dancer in you and she's beautiful.

I love that your new restaurants and from around the world, you globe trotter you!

meghan said...

well done, you! You are doing some great work here. Are there Nia DVDs that people who live far from any classes can try? Or any books your recommend? I'm really interested but we barely have a yoga class near me, let alone something like that!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I totally hear you on the student debts. My husband and I motgaged our futures so badly that one of our biggest bills is the interest we pay every month for our various loans.

My husband was just saying that he wishes he wasn't so niave, and if only he could go back...